Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Farewell alarm clock

So I made it through another intriguing school year.  Today is my last day of the 2010-2011 school year and my summer will officially begin.

The summer means I can sleep past 5:00 a.m.   Wake up without an alarm clock or the sound of the coffee pot grinding.  Iced coffee!   Running, reading, and writing more frequently.  Spending more fun time with my family. Oh and getting through my summer to-do list (later I will say  more about my list). I am delighted!

I'm kicking off my summer and rewarding myself this year with some much needed down time.  Translation...  a Caribbean island, white sand streaming through my toes, crystal clear blue water, exotic palm trees, sweet tropical cocktails, and no kids.  Someone else will cook, wash the dishes, clean the toilets, make my bed, laundry the towels, and prepare a fine meal that I will enjoy among adults with mature and uninterrupted conversation.  Yes, I'm ready!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that! It just reminded me that I also need to use this summer to relax. Enjoy yourself lady, and as always, thank you so much for sharing!- srj

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! We all need a little down time and that's all that I plan on doing for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete