Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finding Scholarship Money

If I haven’t already mentioned in a previous post, I am eager to start Grad School; however, the cost to do so is astronomical!!   Wait- It’s not just graduate school, but undergraduate programs as well.  So regardless of whether you are trying to fund your child’s education or your own, brace yourself… it isn’t cheap!  Since I’m a nontraditional student, who graduated eons ago and don’t have the 4.0 undergraduate GPA, no one is chomping at the bits to throw any cash my way.  As of today though, my employer still offers tuition reimbursement (as long as I meet the requirements), but with all the recent cuts from Governor Christie, nothing is guaranteed.


We’ve all heard or even remarked, especially if you have kids, “Get your education… blah…blah…blah…”  Please read on, because I am in no way mocking the need, the value, or the goal to acquire a solid education, I’m sneering at the means of how one is to go about acquiring the aspiration of a solid education.   I know- there’s a lot of room for debate here, but for the sake of argument, I’m talking about the working adult with dependents, who may lack the benefit of tuition reimbursement, etc... I love education and consider myself to be a lifelong learner; I read year around and the thought of leaving this planet before reading every book on my “to-read” list and the ones that haven’t made the list yet, makes me cringe.

Anyway, as I was doing a little research on scholarships for folks like me, and I stumbled on a great blog that provided more insight on how to find scholarships.  The blog can be found at:  http://www.scholarships4moms.net/ , but the direct link is: http://www.scholarships4moms.net/blog/2010/02/26/searching-for-federal-and-state-sponsored-scholarships-and-grants-online/

Whether you are searching for money for your children or for yourself, dig deep-- not in your pocket, but deep in terms of your research.   Good luck in your search.

“Think  Forward”

2 comments:

  1. WOW...and I thought I was busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! For most of us, our days are so filled with "activities" that we don't realize it; we only know that at the end of the day, we exhausted. On that particular day, I was beyond exhausted and felt like I could sleep for a straight 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete